In “Eat This and Live!” the author, Don Colbert, MD, writes about a research study on the top 20 antioxidant foods. The study is from the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry and it tested the antioxidant power of hundreds of foods. Antioxidants are powerful substances that fight free radicals that cause illness. When you eat these foods, you help fortify your body.
Top Twenty Antioxidant Foods
1. Mexican red beans (dried) 11. Strawberries
2. Wild blueberries 12. Red Delicious apples
3. Red kidney beans 13. Granny Smith apples
4. Pinto beans 14. Pecans
5. Cultivated blueberries 15. Cherries
6. Cranberries 16. Black plums
7. Artichokes (cooked) 17. Russet potatoes (cooked)
8. Blackberries 18. Black beans (dried)
9. Prunes 19. Red plums
10. Raspberries 20. Gala apples
Which food on the list will you add to your diet this week? Strawberries are in season now and at peak flavor!