Share the love of gardening this Valentine’s Day with your sweetheart. Here are a few ideas.
- Buy a beautiful container, a bag of potting soil and seeds of cool-season veggies (lettuce, radishes, spinach) that you can plant now. Spend time together planting your salad bowl garden to enjoy in a few weeks.
- Start a mix of windowsill herbs and give with a book on herb gardening. Some herbs to consider are thyme, mint, chives, rosemary and oregano.
- Help design and construct raised beds.
- Put together a basket of plant markers, new gardening gloves and a new garden tool.
- Give a subscription to favorite gardening magazines.
- Pay registration to a nearby gardening symposium for the two of you to attend together.
- Spend an afternoon enjoying a box of chocolate and a good beverage while perusing garden catalogs and dreaming and planning a garden together. Here are a few companies that have catalogs you might like:
Happy Valentine’s Day!